Hi. Clearly, I’ve abandoned my posting schedule, whoops. But I had some really good reasons, which I will list below because I don’t want you to think I’ve been ignoring you for no reason:
- I was too busy socializing in-person with other vaccinated friends!
- I got tired from all the socializing, so instead of rewatching and researching Dirty Dancing, I watched this really delightful movie with Robert DeNiro and Charles Grodin that I thought would be a thriller but actually turned out to be a buddy bounty-hunter/bond jumper movie that even had one of the Fratellis from The Goonies. (Joe Pantoliano, who was also in Risky Business, The Sopranos, and a million other things). Also, Dennis Farina played a mob boss! Anyway, it’s called Midnight Run and I highly recommend it.
- I got scared about the Lambda variant because what. the. actual. fuck.
- I spent a few days mainlining true crime because that’s evidently what I do when I get anxious. Which to be fair, I am anxious most of the time. But it was really bad this past week (see above regarding Lambda).
- I’ve been working on a giant project and my job (which pays me so I have to prioritize it *sigh*).
- I finished editing my novel!
- I’ve started (thinking about) writing query letters!
Stay tuned for Dirty Dancing in the next few days! I’m drafting!! No more empty promises (I promise)!
In the meantime, please enjoy this clip of El DeBarge on Miami Vice because it has me in a summer mood
5 thoughts on “Here Is My List of Excuses”
Novel?! Awesome! I’ll look forward to it 😊
Me since 2020.
Others-What did you do?
Me-A) Hung out in the safety of my house/backyard or B) Hung out in the safety of other vaccinated person’s house/backyard.
Yep, that’s the vibe!!
I don’t know if you’ve ever read the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich, but she said Midnight Run was one of the things she said inspired her when she first started the series. As a fan, I of course had to watch it and was not disappointed.
I think I read the first one a looooong time ago and I definitely see the connection!
Her first Stephanie Plum was the best! I laughed so hard I cried.