It felt like a long-shot. But here we are. And dare I say it? The reboot craze has come for Saved by the Bell! (Oh please please please don’t let this be weird like BH90210.)
For those of you who weren’t already planning to follow The Office over to NBC’s new streaming platform, now that you’ll get new episodes of Saved by the Bell, what more reason could you need??? The plot sounds weird as hell and I am HERE FOR IT.
Basically, Zack Morris becomes Governor of California. I can totally buy him as a charming, sociopathic politician so def. good character development there. And then here’s where things get a little weird..we get to see Zack Morris handle school integration!! Yeahhhhh idk what we’re going to get, but I promise to report back to you on that.
We’ve had a lot of good times with Saved by the Bell here at The VSB and I’m excited for new adventures! This reboot has me all nostalgic for some of my favorite posts from years past:
- My hard-hitting profile of sweet, sweet Becky the duck, as featured in The Atlantic
- When the Bayside Kids learned to drive a golf cart
- And then wasted those driving skills by drinking and driving
- Literally the most offensive very special episode I have ever seen
But new episodes have also reminded me that maybeeee, just maybeeee, I haven’t given the original series quite enough attention. Stay tuned for new posts on:
- The Malibu Sands Episodes
- Zack and Kelly’s Wedding in Vegas!
- All of the latent (and not so latent) misogyny
Okay, bye for now!!