D.T. Nova has nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. Thanks!
So, here are my answers to the following very special questions:
1. What’s a subject you don’t know much about, but wish you did?
String Theory. Or maybe it’s better for my sanity that I don’t know more about that.
2. If you could have a superpower, what power would you want?
I would like to be able to turn myself into a gelatinous substance like Alex Mack and escape lame situations/eavesdrop on important conversations when necessary. I would have to become adept at avoiding vacuum cleaners.
3. What’s your favorite song?
I am not good at answering this question. I tend to go by whatever my car likes, which at the moment is anything by Michael Jackson, “I Drove All Night” by Cyndi Lauper, and “Hey Jealousy” by The Gin Blossoms.
4. What are you most likely to do on a sunny day?
I tend to do whatever I would do on any other day.
5. What are your goals for the future?
Sleep at 8-9 hours per night, afford my apartment, and have a life outside of work.
6. Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
Ahhhh I hate this question. I want to answer “it’s just half.” But I’m aware that is not really a sentenceeeee. “half capacity” which I guess is really just “half-full” fineeee, I’m an optimist.
7. What’s your favorite quote of all time? It can be from a famous person, a movie, a song, anything.
“You know you don’t have to act with me, Steve. You don’t have to say anything, and you don’t have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don’t you, Steve? You just put your lips together and… blow.” –Slim, To Have and Have Not
8. Is there a word that’s not really common but you use a lot?
I wish my vocabulary was more interesting, but it’s not. So. No.
9. If your name appeared in the Guinness Book of World Records, what record would it be for?
Most hours spent lying in bed while awake but “resting.”
10. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
The Midnight Special would still be on television and I would be the Chief Talent Officer.
11. Do you think you can come up with 11 questions more easily than I did?
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I avoided watching Home Alone for the first nine years of my life because I thought it was a horror film.
2. I can’t reread books, but I have managed to read A Wrinkle in Time thrice because it is the best thing ever.
3. Last time I filled out one of these blog award question things, I was on a coffee cleanse. I’m now back on coffee. I love it. Why did I ever stop??
4. Oh yeah, it was my out of control acid reflux. That’s okay, I’ve purchased a lot of Tums since the coffee cleanse. I’m probably drinking less overall though because I no longer live in New York. I’m actually having trouble finding a Starbucks, which is a big problem because I have a reward on my gold card!
5. Yesterday, I didn’t have time to take a shower before work and I don’t think anyone could tell. I’m afraid this will negatively affect my personal hygiene now that I know I can get away with this shenanigan.
6. I stopped eating all pig-products after seeing the movie Babe when I was five. I’ve since made an exception for bacon and pulled pork barbecue, but I still feel wrong about it and avoid all other products. In fact, I’m feeling like I should switch to turkey bacon and give up barbecue right now as I’m typing this.
7. I stayed with my cousin in Germany for a while when I was three. I learned how to speak German without an accent, but my boyfriend has somehow twisted this into I came back to America speaking English with a German accent. I have since forgotten all of the German because no one spoke it with me when I returned and it’s been over twenty years. So much for being bilingual. It turns out three year-olds don’t have a great memory. But I can sing you a fun song about your mother accidentally chopping off all of your fingers while chopping speck.
8. I cannot be seen publicly wearing sweatpants. My friends once harassed me into going to the dining hall in my PJ pants in college (a time when everyone is wearing some variation of PJ pants everywhere) and I felt wrong about it the entire time.
9. I had the opportunity to meet BB King when I was in the first grade, but I opted not to do so because my friend told me he was a “rock star.” I immediately envisioned Axl Rose and at 7 found that image to be incredibly frightening. Then we went to his concert and I realized he was a middle-aged man in a suit playing a guitar alone on stage. I’ve always regretted not meeting him. He seemed so nice when I was 7 that I’ve always thought we could have been friends.
10. I don’t like tomatoes, but I like tomato-based things.
11. I considered buying a Kindle during the President’s Day Sale, but I realized that no price could allow me to compromise my morals. Then I had a really hard time finding a bookshelf for my new apartment. I’m worried about what that means for the future.
Blogs I’m nominating:
1. JH Mae
4. Casey Kay B
5. E.A. Douglas
The questions I’m asking:
1. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
2. What’s the weirdest, most random thing you’ve ever found in your pocket?
3. Are you a coffee person, tea person, or both?
4. Who is your favorite member of The Baby-Sitters’ Club?
5. What is the farthest place you’ve ever traveled from home?
6. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
7. If you could go to any concert at any time, anywhere in the world, what would you see and why?
8. If you absolutely had to change your hair into the style of one of the original Charlie’s Angels would you pick The Farrah, The Jaclyn, or The Kate?
9. What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
10. What is your favorite book that you’ve read in the past year?
11. If you could only write with one item for the rest of your life, would you chose a pen or a pencil?
And here are the Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
3 thoughts on “The Liebster Award”
Turkey bacon is actually way more delicious than regular bacon. So is pulled beef barbecue than pulled pork. Also, there are still places where Starbucks isn’t on every corner? I didn’t think that was possible.
Thanks for nominating me! I swear I will get around to answering all the questions and coming up with others by next week. I’m already working on it. 😃
I love turkey bacon too! I pretty much love all bacon types. I too am shocked about the lack of Starbucks. It’s very confusing. I can’t wait to read your answers to the questions!